Resources for Attendees
Use the Conference Scheduler to plan and prioritize your time, create and update your calendar, and find out about many other Annual Conference highlights as they're added-speakers, events, networking opportunities, and more.
Find handouts and slides from Annual sessions in the Scheduler at
Final Program - click here to download a PDF of the Final Program
Cognotes Highlights Issue - click here to download
On-site Issues - download PDFs
Your ALA Annual Conference Preview issue of Cognotes is now available!
The Cognotes interactive edition lets you easily share articles with colleagues, search the exhibitor list, and read about the multitude of ALA Annual Conference programs, preconferences, sessions, discussions, speakers, social events and more.
Start reading now! Download the May preview issue of Cognotes in the most convenient format:
Download the June preview issue of Cognotes at the links below:
ALA JobLIST Placement Center
Provided by the ALA Office for Human Resource Development and Recruitment (HRDR), the Placement Center will be open: Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am - 5:00pm. There will be an orientation on Saturday, June 21, 8:30am in the Placement Center.
Jobseekers should register and search for jobs on the JobLIST website at http://joblist.ala.org. All services are free to job seekers. Registration is not required, but is recommended. Registration will give registered employers access to your resume information. It will also allow for direct communication between job seekers and employers.
Employers who want to post positions should post them on the JobLIST web site at http://joblist.ala.org. Employers who want to use the interviewing facilities must have an active ad placed on JobLIST at the time you schedule an interview. Employers who want a booth in the Placement Center should contact Beatrice Calvin at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 800/545-2433, ext. 4280.
Follow all the lastest news on the Annual Meeting at http://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/ala12
Exhibitor Press Releases
- Outstanding Books on Cambodia, Hawaii, War Crimes, and . . . Barack Obama!
- Mango Mobile Library App Now Available for Android
- The University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources will be raffling off a free book, up to a $50 value, at ALA Anaheim
- Come hear the Reflections Children's Choir sing an original song, "Make a Difference" on Saturday, June 23, 2012 from 9:30-10:00 on the Pop Top Stage along with Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah, who was awarded the Arthur Ashe award of courage from Oprah Winfrey at the ESPN ESPY'S Award Program. In his newly released and inspiring story captured in the book, A Mother’s Love, this story, written through the eyes of child author, Anthony Mazza, in collaboration with Emmanuel, illustrates Emmanuel’s uniqueness, belief, love, respect, honor, strength, and vision. His unforgettable journey of riding a bike 400 miles with one leg across Ghana to bring awareness to the Disability Bill has now brought change that transcends continents and cultures.
- Put Your Photos on the Map with PhotoAtlas!
- Add to Your Local History Collection with Brookhaven Press Reprints
- Gale and Library Journal Name San Diego County Library as the 2012 Library of the Year
- Gale Supports Lifelong Learning with New Online Education Program for Public Library Patrons
- Gale and National Geographic to Bring Inspiring and Iconic Resources to Library Audience
Child Care in Anaheim
Please visit the Childcare Registration Desk in front Room AR 2 in the Anaheim Convention Center for any questions or onsite registration.
Shuttle Bus Schedule
Complimentary Shuttle service is provided between the Anaheim Convention Center and the official ALA hotels listed on this flyer. Shuttle information signs will be posted in the lobby of each hotel. Check the sign in your hotel lobby for additional information and changes. If you have questions about the shuttle or if you need to make a reservation for a wheelchair-accessible shuttle, please see the supervisor at the Anaheim Convention Center or call KUSHNER & ASSOCIATES at 714-765-2049.
Note: The following hotels are located within walking distance of the Anaheim Convention Center, therefore, shuttle service is not provided: Anaheim Marriott Hotel, Hilton Anaheim Hotel, Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort, Cortona Inn and Suites
Thanks to GALE CENGAGE Learning for sponsoring the shuttles. Make sure to stop by Booth #1400 and check out what's new!
Parking Map for the Area Parking at the Anaheim Convention Center is $12 / day. (subject to change)
Annual Conference Badges